Get cryptoasset -related news and blockchain every day – investigate the stories that are on the crypto news radar today.
- e-commerce giant Amazon “Maybe not close” to adding crypto as a payment mechanism to retail businesses, CEO Andrew Jassy told CNBC. He did not rule out whether it was still possible and added that he expected NFT to grow “too.”
- US football team The Dallas Cowboys declare partnership with crypto platforms Blockchain.com. The team will add a QR code on each stadium seat that will link to the Cowboys website and highlight the Blockchain.com wallet so fans can learn more about crypto, he said.
- Australian market research company Roy Morgan said that 5% of Australian surveys older than 18 now have at least one cryptoasset. 59% of investors are younger than 35, but Australians aged 50+, who make up only 13% of the investor base, have the largest average crypto investment with an average value of around AUD 56,200 (USD 41,580).
- Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS), “decentralized” notification protocol, said has raised a Series A funding round of USD 10.1m, with an average value of USD 131m. Direct Crypto lead the round. EPNS said it will use funding from Series A to expand its team, grow its user base, and grow beyond the Ethereum ecosystem “to remain committed to its vision of a multi-chain, interoperable decentralization future.”
- Blockchain ecosystem Klaytn (KLAY) declare Open a USD 20m fund to create the Blockchain Research Center program, which will support research projects for the development of blockchain technology over the next four years. The Request For Proposal, which is available to universities and research consortiums interested in blockchain -related research, will be open from April 14 to June 13.
- Skynet EGLD Capitalfunds that receive in-kind subscriptions at Elrond (EGLD) original token, declare it raised more than USD 40m to support the development of Elrond blockchain ecosystem. He added that a “significant amount” of capital has been distributed to the various solutions available in the ecosystem.
- Digital currency investment platform Symphony Digital declare the closing of its flagship fund, Symphony Digital Opportunities Fund, secured USD 40m from institutional and private investors.
- Gemini declare The Gemini Credit Card is now available in all 50 U.S. states, enabling users to earn up to 3% crypto back on dining (some exclusions apply), 2% crypto back on groceries, and 1% crypto back on all other purchases.
- Bitfinex declare which enables real-time Euro Single Payment Area (SEPA) payments for euro-denominated deposits and withdrawals in collaboration with on-ramp fiat service providers. OpenPayd.
- Indian crypto exchanges CoinSwitch Kuber and WazirX has disabled INR deposits to buy cryptoassets through a widely used state -backed transfer network Single Payment Interface (UPI), per Reuters.
- Crypto tax software and blockchain analytics company ZenLedger declare partnership with a major crypto wallet hardware manufacturer in France, Big bookto allow users to track taxes when using crypto.