Investigate the stories flying under the radar of today’s crypto news and get a daily bite-sized digest of crypto assets and blockchain related news.
- Verena Ross, Chair European Securities and Markets AuthoritySaid to soar inflation It can drive private investors into dangerous crypto assets. Around Bloomberg. “As inflation rises, investors are looking for investments that can compensate for inflation and yield greater returns. This can lead to greater risk taking. That’s what we do very much. I’m watching closely, “she said.
- KuCoin Said According to the survey results, the US response is based on a total sample of 1,026 US adult Internet users aged 18-60 years who are self-identifying crypto investors surveyed between October and March 2021. 27% of them invest in crypto assets. 2022. Fifty-three percent of respondents claimed to have doubled their investment in cryptocurrencies in the first quarter of 2022, but the percentage of people aged 41-50 increased by 7% compared to the previous quarter.
- TetherThe company behind Tether (USDT) Stablecoin has released the Tether Stablecoin MXNT, which was pegged to the Mexican peso. Early blockchain support included Ethereum. TRON (TRX)When Polygon (MATIC)..
- Financial company CircleIssuer USD coin (USDC) Stablecoin, Said USDC and other private sector innovations are already central bank digital currencies (CBDC) I would like to provide Federal ReserveA discussion paper on the potential impact of USCBDC. The CBDC added that it could exacerbate existing problems with financial inclusion and destabilize the banking system. They also stated that the US Government is not in a good position to develop and maintain the technology needed to successfully manage the CBDC.
- Mark Zuckerberg Said At the annual general meeting of shareholders Meta That he plans to make a large investment in his company Metaverse Ambition, and that means losing a “significant” amount of money for the project in the next 3-5 years. But as people build businesses to sell virtual goods and services, he argued that Metaverse would eventually make money from the creator economy.
- Elon Musk has discontinued plans to partially fund social network purchases twitter With a margin loan tied to his electric car company Tesla Acquire shares and increase the size of the equity component of the transaction to US $ 33.5 billion. according to For submission to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Musk will provide an additional $ 6.25 billion in equity financing for a $ 44 billion buyout to eliminate margin loans of the same size.
- Game developer Kongregate When Ethereum (ETH) Layer 2 Solution Immutable X publication A US $ 40 million fund awarded as a grant to integrate blockchain games on the Kongregate.com platform. The platform itself will reboot later this year, they added.
- A former Binance executive group has set up a US $ 100 million venture fund called Old Fashion Research (OFR). Around TechCrunch. They added that the fund will focus on the Metaverse and will bring more cryptocurrency adoption to emerging markets such as Latin America and Africa.
- BitMEX publication They have started ETH margins and settlements for permanent and futures contracts trading on their platform. This option is already available on the testnet and the mainnet will be followed in “a few days”.
- Binance publication Signing a memorandum of understanding with Ministry of Digital Development, Innovation and Aerospace Industry He expressed mutual interest in the development of the national virtual asset market in the Republic of Kazakhstan. With this move, Binance will provide advice on developing crypto asset legislative frameworks and regulatory policies. KazakhstanThey added.
- Binance Bahrain Have received Category 4 license as a crypto asset service provider from Bahrain Central BankAllows users in Bahrain to offer a wide range of cryptocurrency exchange services.
- Bitfinex SecuritiesTokenized securities platform for crypto exchange Bitfinex, Appointment Jesse Natson as Head of Operations. Knutson was formerly Vice President of Financial Instruments for a blockchain technology company. Blockstream..
- Coinbase publication Their Money Laundering Prevention (AML) Compliance Solution Travel Rule Universal Solution Technology (TRUST) is expanding globally and is currently available in the United States, Canada and Singapore, and Europe is “actively working to expand to other global jurisdictions” and is under negotiation.
- The Gallery of digital assets (GODA), described as a resource for contemporary artists to explore non-fungible tokens (GODA)NFT) And digital space, have publication Its launch. The first drop is scheduled for early this summer and includes a GODA Mint Pass that guarantees access to future drops. Producer Pharrell Williams is one of the co-founders of the platform.
- Chip giant Nvidia Said The contribution from the sale of the Crypto Mining Processor (CMP) was “nominal” in the first quarter of fiscal year 2023, which ended May 1, 2022. First-quarter revenue for OEM and Other business units was $ 158 million, down 52%. The same quarter last year as sales of crypto mining processors declined.