Get your daily bite-sized digest of crypto and blockchain-related news and explore the stories flying under the crypto news radar today.
- coin base said it would end operations in Japan. Around “Due to market conditions, we have made the difficult decision to suspend our operations in Japan and completely review our operations in Japan.” need to pull out.
- digital currency groupparents of troubled crypto companies genesis globalBloomberg said it would suspend its quarterly dividend to preserve cash reportThe move comes as the group focuses on “strengthening its balance sheet by reducing operating expenses and maintaining liquidity,” it said in a January 17 letter to shareholders. said by quoting.
- In order to survive the crypto winter, the crypto trading company amber group cut costs and employment across the board, halving total staff numbers. Hong Kong Cuts support positions in IT, risk management, audit and compliance to 40, says South China Morning Post report, citing the source. The person said Amber moved her Hong Kong office from the city’s central business district to a cheaper office in Causeway Bay and delayed payments to her third-party vendors, including technical services and recruitment agencies. and a consultant.
- parffinlatino Web3 Infrastructure provider raises $15 million in seed investment round led by framework ventureswith participation from brazilian stock exchange (B3) Through investment funds L4 venture builder, Valor Capital GroupWhen Alexia VenturesAccording to a press release, the funds will be used to continue building existing products as well as launch new solutions such as Parchain, an EVM permissioned blockchain network that enables decentralized finance. (DeFi) and asset tokenization for regulated entities with a focus on privacy, portability, and interoperability.
- archa lending platform that combines alternative assets into a single loan, has announced its official launch. Around According to a press release, Arch aims to offer a range of financial products and services tailored to retail investors with a majority of their assets in alternative assets. To date, it has raised $2.75 million. tribal capital, Castle Island Ventures, picus capital, Global Founders Capitaland other executives Brex, Uniswap, snapWhen cluttersaid.
- of Zug Supreme Court ruled in favor of a shareholder request for an audit of the founding transaction of Consensis Software Inc. (CSI), Said Press release. The transaction, codenamed “Project North Star”, transferred major products and business units (meta mask, infrastructureand others) based in Switzerland ConsenSys AG to US-based CSI. Based on ownership of these assets, CSI raised $715 million between 2020 and 2022, the company said.
- Payment processor for the gaming industry Zebedee and mobile game studios biker Announced the launch of two new rewards game, according to a press release, with more coming soon. Bitcoin Chess and Bitcoin Scratch are recent additions to VIKER’s portfolio of ZEBEDEE-powered games, which already include classic games such as Solitaire and his Sudoku. In Bitcoin Scratch, a player receives a pack of scratch his cards and has a chance to win Bitcoin if the cards hold the right combo, the company said.
- Web3 development platform easily When Chronosan Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible Layer 1 blockchain network, announced integration of both. According to the press release, the new integration will allow Web3 developers to streamline and optimize their distributed applications (dap) development in Cronos using Tenderly.
- merger between Bitcoin mining company grid And the blank check company was late again. Addit EdTechis a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) that announced the acquisition of GRIID in November 2021. Said in the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has extended the filing deadline from January 14 to February 14.