Today, high-quality photographs of rare nature moments, scenes, and humans are sold on decentralized networks for financial gain in the form of NFTs. So if you end up here, you probably want to know how to sell your photo as his NFT.
But first thing is first and that is…
What are NFTs?
A non-fungible token (NFT) is a blockchain token with unique metadata that represents a digital or physical item. NFTs can be anything from avatars, music, and domain names to works of art, GIFs, animations, videos, photos, and more.
This has made NFTs a huge industry for artists of all shapes and sizes. photographer. NFT has opened up new avenues for photographers to monetize their profession and passion.
To Cast a photo as an NFT List them for sale on the NFT Marketplace.
How to create a Photo NFT
Minting involves uploading the photo as a digital file to the blockchain network and recording it on a tamper-proof ledger (distributed/distributed ledger technology) called DLT.
After issuance, NFTs can be sold in exchange for cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are paid into crypto wallets and then exchanged for fiat currency.
How to sell your photos as NFTs
Creating and selling your photos as NFTs is very easy. Below is a step-by-step guide.
1. Choose a blockchain network
There are several blockchain networks, but not all are suitable for creating NFTs. In order for a blockchain to be compatible with NFTs, it must be a blockchain with smart contracts. Smart contracts unlock many features of NFTs, including buying and selling. Notable examples of blockchains compatible with NFTs include:
A crypto wallet is a digital wallet that stores fungible and non-fungible digital tokens. A fungible token is a cryptocurrency and a non-fungible token is an NFT. Both tokens can be held or stored in the same wallet.
The most popular network for NFTs is Ethereum, so compatible wallets include MetaMask, TrustWallet, WalletConnect, and Coinbase wallets. The above wallets are non-custodial. In other words, it is not hosted on any crypto exchange platform.
If you choose any other blockchain, be sure to research the best wallets for that particular blockchain.
3. Add cryptocurrencies to your wallet
After setting up the wallet, the next step is to add cryptocurrencies to the wallet. This can be done by purchasing a compatible crypto from an exchange platform and sending it to your wallet.
Depending on your geographic location, you may be able to purchase virtual currency directly from your wallet using a credit card or other means. If you are using the Ethereum blockchain, you will need to buy or deposit ETH (Ether) which will be used to offset your gas bill.
4. Choose an NFT Marketplace
A marketplace is a special open marketplace where NFTs are offered for sale. There are several NFT marketplaces, but a good marketplace for photo listings is:
To connect your wallet to your preferred marketplace, start by setting up an account with your personal information and signing into your account. You can then connect your wallet by clicking on your profile.
let’s take high seas As an example:
- click high seas Click the profile icon in the upper right corner, then click Profile Options.
- A page will pop up asking you to connect to your wallet.
- Click to select your preferred wallet. For this example, let’s use MetaMask.
- This is easy if you have the MetaMas extension on your PC. As you can see below, the extension will pop up in your MetaMask wallet,[次へ]Click a tab.
- You will be redirected to the OpenSea page with the following notification. Then click the Agree & Sign tab.
- You will be redirected to your MetaMask wallet with a notification asking you to sign a request to add your wallet to OpenSea and agree to OpenSea’s Terms of Service. Then click the Signatures tab.
- You will then be redirected to your OpenSea account.
6. Create an NFT of your photo
Once you’ve set up your OpenSea account, it’s time to create a photo NFT and put it into action.
- in the top right corner of your OpenSea account page[作成]Click.
- On the next page you will see fields for uploading photos and other details. The maximum photo size is 100MB.
- Enter a name for the photo, for example “Florida Sky” in the name field.
- External links are not required, but if you have a portfolio or website link that leads to content, you can include it here.
- The “Description” field is for a detailed description of the photo.
- The “Collection” field is for categories of NFTs. In this case, the collection is photos.
- Turning on Unlockable Content allows NFTs to contain additional content such as file links, redemption codes, and access keys.
- According to you, if your photos are explicit and sensitive, you can turn on “explicit and sensitive content” as shown below to notify potential buyers.
- The “Supply” field means the number of photos you want to generate. First, it doesn’t matter if it’s just one. You can start creating in the collection later.
- Then select your preferred blockchain network. In addition to Ethereum, it supports Kraton, Polygon, and Solana.
- If you want to store the NFT details of your photos in immutable distributed storage and make them accessible and usable by others, you can freeze the metadata.
- Next, click the Create tab to create your Photo NFT.
- Via captcha verification, you will be asked to confirm that you are not a robot. If the validation is successful, you will be notified of what you have created. You can share your photos for marketing via Facebook, Twitter and Telegram by clicking the icon or copying the direct link to the photo and start sharing with your peers.
7. List your photo NFT on the marketplace
After successfully creating your photo NFT, it’s time to list it on the market, but before that you need to:
- First, in the upper right corner of your PC, as shown below,[Sell]Click a tab.
- Then enter the details for the list of photo NFTs. The list has two options. Fixed price and timed auctions.
- The ‘Fixed Price’ option requires a fixed price and a listing period between 1 day and 6 months. Alternatively, you can select a date and time from the calendar options.
- Then click the Complete Listing tab.
- Selecting the “Timed Auction” option will initiate bidding on your photos, and in most cases the highest bidder will win.
- It’s free to post, but a 2.5% service charge will be deducted once your photos are sold.
- [完全なリスト]Clicking on the tab will show a summary of the photos and a message to approve the listing from the wallet. This will also pop up in the Wallet tab.[SIGN]Click the tab to approve the list.
- You will then see a notification on your OpenSea page that your photo has been posted to the Marketplace.
want more? Connect with NFT Plaza
*All investment/financial opinions expressed by NFT PLAZA are based on the personal research and experience of the site moderators and are intended for educational material only. , the product should be thoroughly investigated.
Technical writer with a passion for blockchain and all things decentralized world.